Pancake (Basic Recipe)

Aside from the traditional Filipino breakfast, my idea of the perfect weekend breakfast is a stack of pancakes with melted butter and maple syrup dripping down its sides. Unfortunately, I woke-up late so no more breakfast! But to satisfy my cravings I still made time to prepare pancakes for my mid-afternoon snack.
When I learned to bake few months ago I always make my pancakes from a scratch. I do not bother with those chemical laden instant pancake mixes that you just add water to. Instead I like to make my own batter, as it uses just a few ingredients that most of us have in our pantries. All you need are flour, sugar, and eggs.



Ingredients:
·         2 ½ cups self-rising flour
·         2 eggs
·         2 tablespoons melted butter
·         ½ cup sugar
·         1 and 1/2 cups milk
·         butter
·         Maple syrup / honey


Procedure:
1.     Combine flour, sugar, beaten egg, milk and melted butter in a bowl.
2.     Stir quickly until the batter comes down freely from the sides of the bowl. It should be lumpy (do not overmix!).
3.     Heat the pan in low fire (small or medium flat round pan)
4.     Grease the pan with butter.
5.     Pour in the batter, just enough to fill the pan.
6.     You can say that the pancake is ready to be flipped over when the top surface begins to form small craters.
7.     Continue to cook the pancake until both sides have turned golden brown and it is cooked all the way through.
8.     Serve and topped with maple syrup and butter.

1 comment:

Your comments are highly appreciated!