Sautéed Radish with Beef (Ginisang Labanos na may Baka)

I already feel bloated for having so much meat these past few days (tea please =D). So I requested my husband to think of cuisine that includes vegetable. Well, no wonder what will be his answer for the fact that he rarely eats vegetables, and if he does, only very few would be on his list. One of it is Labanos (radish). He loves sautéed radish with pork or beef. It is quite easy to cook and the ingredients are very basic.
I’ve been asking some of my flat-mates if they knew about this recipe since they came from different provinces in the Philippines, but surprisingly, it is their first time to encounter this recipe. So I guess Bulakeños might be its chef in origin.

After cooking this cuisine I share some of it to my flatmates and as they judged, they said it taste good and I gave them an idea on how to cook radish in a different way aside from their usual recipe. =D



Ingredients:
  • 3 pieces Big Radish (Labanos) Sliced
  • 3 pieces Medium-Sized Tomatoes
  • 1 Medium Onion (sliced)
  • 1 Garlic (minced)
  • 2 pieces Chillies
  • ½ Kg. Beef Sliced
  • 1 piece beef stock (powder or cube)
  • Salt / patis (fish sauce)
  • Pepper
  • Water
  • Oil

Procedure:
  1. Heat casserole then put oil.
  2. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes.
  3. Put in the sliced beef, beef stock, salt or patis, pepper and ½ cup water. Let it simmer ‘til the beef is cooked.
  4. Add in the radish and chillies.
  5. Add more water. Let boil ‘til radish is cooked.
  6. Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!