Roasted Chicken With Pandan

What I love about having convection oven is that all I have to do is marinade meat and set it to my oven and do a lot of things while waiting for my dish to finish. Effortless yet savoury and tender.
I have a whole chicken and since I woke-up late this morning all I have to do is to clean the chicken and soak it to defrost in a marinating mixture for at least an hour. What makes this particular recipe extra special is that I used pandan leaves to stuff the chicken for a richer flavour and aroma.
Well, I didn’t really do much of the chores while waiting for my chicken to be cooked. I just did a little floor cleaning and watch my favourite TV series. Yes it’s surely a lazy Saturday morning. Here’s how it goes =D


Ingredients:
  • 1 whole Chicken
  • 4 cups Soy Sauce
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon Salt
  • 4 pieces pandan leaves

Procedure:
  1. Mix soy sauce, water, salt and lemon juice.
  2. Before soaking the chicken, stub it all around with a fork or thin, small width knife so the mixture will be fully absorbed by the chicken. Let it marinade at least an hour.
  3. Preheat the convection oven for 10 minutes.
  4. Stuff 3 pieces of the washed pandan leaves inside the chicken. Tie the lower part of the legs with pandan leaves.
  5. Rub some more salt and soy sauce in the chicken before placing it in the oven.
  6. Set it 175 °C for 60 minutes and another 30 minutes in 225 °C to well done the outer part of the chicken.
  7. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!