French Macaron Challenge - - - Part III

To brag about my new and much better looks of French Macarons, here's another version of my recipe. A vanilla flavoured almond meringue and choco-coffee filling. Much better? Yes, better taste and better feature of macarons.... The best part is, my macarons has feet already! So excited to show you guys! =D

Well, I know that I have to improve more but at least I have seen better result this time. I am still noting observations that I think will help in my next macaron project. I can say that I can almost make my macaron perfect only that I should really learn the trick using convection oven. In this particular recipe, I did a little trick in playing the oven temperature between 130-160°C. But most of the time in 140°C. Since the heat is not properly distributed, I guess this technique helped in my macaron improvement. I guess....

Just tonight, we passed-by Forrey & Galland and Ladurée in Dubai Mall. Their macarons are so tempting... But I manage to resist the temptations because I want to excite myself for my next macaron challenge. I hope the next one will be more of improvement than another failed macarons.... Anyhow, here's my better version of macarons.



See those baby feet? =D


Meringue Ingredients:
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 cup superfine almond flour
  • 2 large egg whites, room temperature
  • 4 tablespoon caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
 
 
For filling:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 cup full-cream
  • 3 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoon finely ground coffee
  • 2 egg yolks
Making the filling:
  1. Heat pan in a low fire.
  2. Melt the butter.
  3. Add the chocolate chips and coffee.
  4. Mix the sugar and cream.
  5. Whisk the egg yolks.
  6. Let it simmer for 3 minutes or until everything is well blended.
  7. Strain it to remove any solids in the filling. Let it cool in the fridge.



Making the Meringue:
  1. Sift confectioners’ sugar and almond flour together. Set aside.
  2. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar using a mixer on medium speed until foamy.
  3. Reduce speed to low, then add superfine sugar and vanilla liquid.
  4. Increase speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form.
  5. Add almond flour mixture over whites, and fold until mixture is smooth and shiny
  6. Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip.
  7. Pipe 3/4-inch rounds 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
  8. Tap bottom of each sheet on work surface to release trapped air. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until a thin film-like forms on the rounds surface.
  9. Preheat oven to 150°C.
  10. Bake the macaroons for 15-20 minutes in 140°C.
  11. Remove from oven and let macaroons cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. If macaroons stick, spray water underneath parchment on hot sheet. The steam will help release macaroons.
  12. Sandwich 2 same-size macarons with 1 teaspoon of the choco-coffee filling.

"Macaron and Macaroons are both spelled correct. French spelled it as Macaron - with single 'o' while English spelled it with double 'o'... Sometimes Macaroons was also referred as to the one with coconut (which is popular in the Philippines). Macarons are more related to as the meringue based one which is popular in France. So, in either way you spelled it, it will be considered correct."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!