Sauteed Sardines (Ginisang Sardinas)

Yes, it has been a long time since I've blogged about my recipes and food trippings. I have just been swamped with work. October was a busy month indeed. Any how, being off from my blog for few weeks didn’t hamper me from collecting recipes to post. I still took photos and note down my ingredients and procedures. I just couldn’t find enough time to post it here. Plus, the internet connection problem we had for several days now was really a disaster.

Excited on what will be my come-back post after my long blogging break? Well, so am I….

I have several recipes in queue but I’ve decided to start with a humble yet nutritious, delectable and budget-friendly recipe.

It is common for some Filipinos to connote that families serving sardines on dinning tables are poor. Well, I would say, maybe or maybe not. I don’t think it is logical to judge that way. Canned sardines were not made to distinguish our economic status, thus to give us a better option of food. Though, I was not raised from a rich or poor family, I’ve enjoyed eating canned sardines even if it’s freshly served from its can or sautéed.

More so, sardines are calcium-rich fish, high in protein and have no carb. So much about the intro, now let’s get busy! =D








Ingredients:
  • 2 Cans of small or 1 large can of Sardines
  • 1 Cup Bitter Melon Leaves (Dahon ng ampalaya)
  • 1 Mediun onion sliced
  • 5 Cloves of garlic chopped
  • 2 Tbs. Fish sauce
  • ½ Tsp. Ground black pepper
  • 2 Tbs. oil
  • 1 Cup of water

Procedure:
1.      Saute garlic and onion in a large pan with oil.
2.      Add the sardines, fish sauce pepper and water.
3.      Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4.      Mix in the bitter melon leaves and let it simmer for a minute.
5.      Serve with hot white rice.
6.      Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!