Steamed Clams

It was our first time to cook clams here in UAE. My husband said that he doesn't like how it looks because it was pale unlike what we have in the Philippines. We were just hooked with its taste when we bought steamed clams in a Chinese grocery store few weeks ago. It was very tasty and spicy. My husband and I really liked it, so I started googling for its recipe. I found some similar photos but since I really don't know how it was called or if it was really the same as what we have tasted before, I just decided to do some experiment.

I guess it turned out very well indeed! =D




Ingredients:
  • 1 Kg Clams
  • 3 tablespoon ginger minced
  • 1 medium tomato minced
  • 1 medium onion minced
  • 3 pieces chilli minced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 tablespoon vinegar
  • salt

Procedure:
  1. Clean the clams thoroughly and set aside.
  2. Heat up a saucepan on medium heat and add the butter.
  3. Put ginger, onion, tomatoes and chilli.
  4. Add the water and vinegar.
  5. Let it boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
  6. Put clams and cover the pan with its lid. Turn the heat to high and bring the clams to boil. As soon as all the clams are open, add salt to taste.
  7. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!