Pangat na Sapsap (Pony fish Poached in Tomatoes)

My husband and I went to fish market last weekend and bought plenty of fishes in different kinds. We bought a kilo of sapsap (pony fish) which is actually new for our usual fish market list. I really don't know how to cook it. My husband suggested to have it sinigang but since I don't have enough ingredients, I just decided to do Pangat which is also new for me, so I just did the "pa-chamba" way. Thus it is really very easy and indeed liked by my husband! =D




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Kg Pony Fish (Sapsap) - cleaned
  • 1 medium onion - chopped
  • 2 tablespoon garlic - chopped
  • 3 medium tomatoes - chopped
  • 1 tablespoon ginger - minced
  • 1 pc chilli - minced
  • 2 tablespoon vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon soysauce
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup water

Procedure:
  1. Mix all ingredients except fish and water.
  2. In a casserole, put half of the tomato mixture.
  3. Arrange the fishes on top of the mixture in the casserole.
  4. Put on the of the fishes the remaining tomato mixture.
  5. Pour in the water.
  6. Cover the casserole and switch on the fire to medium high.
  7. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the fishes are cooked.
  8. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!