Buchi

The next day after watching Pinoy Master Chef wild card elimination round, I was so curious on how to cook Buchi. One of the contestants prepared an Ube Buchi which was unfortunately not so successful because he got the wrong ingredient that instead of glutinous rice flour, he got a rice flour that made his buchi very crunchy which it has supposed to have soft crust.

Well, I have enough and right ingredients in my kitchen that was able to make and satisfy my cravings. Except that I don't have ube halaya jam in my fridge, so I have to find another filling. Good thing that I have a left-over cassava cake, so I thought it could be a unique filling for my buchi version. I never thought it was so easy that I can make it in less than an hour.





Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups of glutinous rice flour
  • 3/4 water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • oil (enough for deep frying)
  • sesame seed
  • filling of your choice (it could be ube jam, custard or anything you want)


Procedure:
  1. Heat small casserole with water and sugar. Let it simmer until the sugar are dissolved. Set aside to cool.
  2. In a bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour and water mixture to form a dough.
  3. Make small individual ball pieces of dough. As a ping-pong ball size
  4. Press the center of the round dough until there's a hollow in the center.
  5. Fill the hollow space of the dough for about a teaspoon of the filling.
  6. Seal the dough and roll it once more until the shape is round and there's no crack.
  7. On a bowl with sesame seeds, roll the round shaped dough and make sure that the seeds will cover the dough and that it will stick on the dough by pressing it.
  8. Heat the pan with cooking oil on a very low heat.
  9. Deep fry the dough for about 3-4 minutes or until the sesame seed’s color turns golden brown. 
  10. Remove the cooked buchi from the pan and drain excess oil.
  11. Serve and Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've always love buchi. I'll try this.

    http://debbieannecastro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie :) i'd love to here ur feedback s buchi version mo and kung anong palaman ang gagamitin mo :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reminding the Pinoy Masterchef... it flashback to my mind, kapatid ko po ata yung contestant na yun na nagkamali ng nakuhang ingredients :)
      I like reading your blogs....

      Delete
    3. Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog :) nainspire kasi ako sa niluto ng kapatid mo that time kaya dali dali akong gumawa din ;)

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated!