Lettuce, Beets, Chickpeas and Corn Salad

Well, from the title itself you will know exactly the ingredients of my post. On a healthier side of me, I love salads! I've been craving for salad these past few days so I decided to buy some ingredients in a grocery nearby my office for lunch.

I used to have this kind of salad from Pizza Hut and it is quite good. Simple yet appetizing! Since I was in the office, I couldn't prepare fresh beets, chickpeas and corn, so I just have to buy them in canned. Anyhow, I would probably not spend my time preparing those fresh ingredients just for salad. Yes, I know, I am lazy, but maybe for some other dish though.

Loaded with too much work, I'm sure vegies will be too light for a lunch treat so I added a canned tuna. So, here are the quick procedure and simple ingredients for this salad.





Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Iceberg lettuce - chopped
  • 1/2 cup beets - (cooked/canned) cut at least 1"x1"
  • 1/2 cup corn (cooked/canned)
  • 1/2 cup chickpeas (cooked/canned)
  • 2 tablespoon tuna (cooked/canned)
  • 1 tablespoon light caesar dressing
  • pinch of salt


Procedure:

  1. Mix everything together.
  2. Serve and enjoy!