Molo Soup

My mom used to cook Molo Soup on almost every occasions back home when I was a kid. It was a sure hit for everyone! From my recent vacation in the Philippines, I once again tasted her culinary expertise, especially with this dish on her birthday. I wonder why I didn't even tried it yet, where in fact it is so easy to cook and the ingredients are not difficult to find - almost effortless!

After few weeks of being back to reality that I am here in UAE, I already miss everything in the Philippines. And to help relieve my change of weather sickness, first thing I got in mind was to cook Molo soup. Well, my husband loves it! It was indeed a comfort food.





Ingredients:

  • 1/2 kg ground pork (or beef)
  • molo / wanton wrapper
  • 1 medium white onion, minced
  • 1 medium white onion, sliced
  • 5 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
  • 1/2 cup celery, cut diagonally
  • 1 1/2 cup cabbage, cut into small (about 1 inch x 1 inch)
  • 1 cup mushrooms cut into two
  • 2 liters of water
  • 1 can cream of mushroom
  • salt and pepper to taste



Procedure:

  1. Mix pork, minced onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
  2. Wrap about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the pork mixture in a molo wrapper. Do the same until you finish with the pork mixture. Set aside.
  3. In a big casserole, boil water.
  4. Once boiling, lower the fire to medium-low heat.
  5. Add the Molo wraps and sliced onion. Let it simmer for 15 mins or until the molo wraps are cook.
  6. Add carrots and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
  7. Add celery, cabbage, mushroom and the cream of mushroom. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
  8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Serve and enjoy!