Fried Tuna Spring Roll

An easy yet delicious dish that takes few ingredients to prepare is something I've always wanted everyday after a very exhausting work in the office. Innovation is one solution but when your brain is just so drained, you won't even be able to think of a good recipe to improvise. So, at times, I just have to open my fridge and cupboards to check what I have and just do something edible out of it.

One lazy night, luckily I have some stock in my kitchen, so we didn't end-up with fast food delivery dinner, which sometimes is our weakness. I came up with canned tuna spring rolls but to add a twist, or should I say, to make use of some left-overs in the fridge, I added mung bean sprout.

Here is my easy recipe for you to enjoy :)



Ingredients:

  • 3 cans of tuna flakes in brine or oil - drain
  • 2 tablespoon minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup minced coriander
  • 1 cup Mung bean sprout
  • 1 egg
  • salt
  • finely ground pepper
  • 1 pack wrapper
  • 1 1/2 cups of oil 


Procedure:

  1. Drain tuna in a strainer until the liquid is gone.
  2. Place tuna in a mixing bowl with onion, garlic, coriander, mung bean sprout, egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Peel lumpia wrappers one by one.
  4. Place one wrapper on a flat, clean surface. Scoop one tablespoon of the filling at the center of a wrapper. Fold and roll to seal the filling.
  5. Repeat the same procedure of rolling the spring roll until all the filling is done.
  6. Heat oil on a pan.
  7. Fry spring rolls until golden brown.
  8. Drain in paper towels to remove excess oil.
  9. Serve and enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!