Brazo de Mercedes Cupcakes


I've been planning to bake Brazo de Mercerdes cupcakes but since I was trying to cut-off sugar, I always hesitant to do it even if I have time and the ingredients. But my cravings succeeded and I did my first version last weekend. The taste was perfect but the texture is a bit failed because it shrank. Well, my husband loves it and for me it is the most important :)

So, here's how I did it.

Ingredients:

Filling:

  • 8 egg yolks
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 can condesnsed milk
  • 1/2 cup milk


Meringue:

  • 8 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch








Procedure:


For the filling:
  1. In a sauce pan, combine condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla. 
  2. Simmer in low heat while stirring until mixture becomes thick. 
  3. Remove from heat. Set aside and let it cool.

For the Meringue:
  1. Beat the egg whites using an electric mixer. 
  2. Put cream of tartar and corstarch.
  3. Gradually add the sugar. Continue mixing until texture is semi-firm.
  4. Pipe the meringue in cupcake liners. Make sure to leave a hole in the center for the filling later. 
  5. Bake at  320 deg F. / 160 deg C. for 20 minutes or until top of meringue turns light to medium brown.
  6. Remove from oven. Let it cool. 
  7. Pipe the filling into the center of the meringue.
  8. Sprinkle some confectioner sugar on top of your cupcake.
  9. Serve & Enjoy!

2 comments:

Your comments are highly appreciated!