Beef Pochero



Pochero was one of my childhood favorites. My mom's beef or pork pochero sure satisfy my palette and definitely need extra rice ;)

Pocheros usually have saging na saba, and some were cooked with pechay (or bokchoy) and some add carrots too. Since my mom usually cooked it with just cabbage, Baguio bean and saging na saba, I decide to use the same it in this recipe. Also, I did a lazy version of cooking here because I used my slow cooker. Yes, it takes so much time in cooking, but since I didn't do much, I call it lazy way of cooking. I just love using my slow cooker especially in cooking beef because of the perfect tenderness and flavor it makes to the meat.


Ingredients:

  • 1 kg beef brisket - big cubes
  • 1 cube beef broth
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 medium onion - minced
  • 5 cloves garlic - minced
  • 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 3 pieces banana (saba) or plantain bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into around 1 1/2 inch thickness
  • 1 cup Baguio beans (around 15 pcs)
  • 1 medium sized cabbage - cut into quarters
  • 1 small can of Pork and Beans
  • 2 teaspoon cornstarch - diluted in 1/4 cup water
  • 1 + 1 cups of water


Procedure:

  1. In a pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil.
  2. Add in beef broth cube, garlic, onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce and diluted cornstarch. Let it simmer while stirring until thick. Set aside.
  3. Put beef in slow cooker, add 1 cup water, season with salt and ground pepper.
  4. Add the tomato sauce mixture.
  5. Cover the slow cooker and set it on high. Let it cook for 4 hours.
  6. Add the pork and beans, cabbage, banana and Baguio beans. Cover and let continue to cook in high for another hour.
  7. Serve and enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!