Okoy Recipe

It's been years since the last time I ate Okoy. Some called it Ukoy, but however it is called, the distinction of its taste will simply take your breath away. There are different methods and ingredients on how to cook Okoy. Some mainly used squash, some used papaya and some are using mixture of other vegies. Any how, here's how I did my version of Okoy. =D



Ingredients:
·         Sweet potatoes (kamote)
·         Carrots
·         Eggs
·         Bean sprouts
·         Cooked shrimp
·         Flour
·         Salt and pepper to taste

Tips:
Others prefer their sweet potatoes and carrots in julienne style but I prefer to just have it grated using my cheese shredder. It is easier and lesser time to prepare.


Instructions:

In a bowl, mix flour and eggs to create a batter, mix shrimps. camote, and carrots. Add in a little bit of water and then mix in the bean sprouts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a skillet and drop in a tablespoonful of the okoy mixture, and fry like frying an omelet until golden brown.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Andrea :) I am also busy with my office work and I only manage to cook during weekends. I hope you can try this and give me a feedback. God bless. Thanks for sharing your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much of the ingredients and measurements are needed pls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello :) thank you for visiting my blog. You may check my updated post about this recipe http://bit.ly/1QVZsaO :)

      Delete
  3. peut on avoir les quantités d'ingredients merci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello :) thank you for visiting my blog. You may check my updated post about this recipe. Copy this link to redirect you to that page. http://bit.ly/1QVZsaO
      Happy Cooking :)

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated!