Dinuguan (Blood Stew)

After two weeks of craving, I finally had a chance to cook Dinuguan using real pork blood. I was so happy that I found a frozen pork blood in Abela here in Abu Dhabi, since shops selling pork here don't commonly have it. Usually, they are selling pudding in replacement of blood, which I personally don't like.


I love dinuguan using pork ear, pork intestines, pork belly or combination of either of those. For this particular recipe, I made use of pork belly and pork ear. Though pork intestines were present in the grocery, I decided not to use it since I was not in the mood of spending much time cleaning it. Thus, my dinuguan turned-out enticingly delicious.










Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Kg pork belly - cut into 1/2 inch
  • 1/2 Kg pork ear - cut into squares
  • 1/4 + 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 2 pcs long green pepper
  • 3 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 medium sized onion, chopped finely
  • 1 tbsp garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp ginger, minced 
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup pork blood


Procedure:
  1. Sauté ginger, garlic and onion in a pan
  2. Add the pork belly and pork ear, fish sauce and sauté for about 5 mins
  3. Add vinegar and simmer for 2-3 minutes
  4. Pour water and simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat are tender.
  5. Stir-in the pork blood and let it simmer for 7 minutes.
  6. Add the remaining vinegar. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
  7. Put the long green pepper and simmer for 2 mins
  8. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!