Chicken Noodle Soup

It's Sunday and was supposed to be my first day of work in a week. But then I decided to just stay at home since I am not feeling very well. My husband took a day-off as well because he has severe back pain. After visiting our doctors this morning we passed-by in a newly open Chinese grocery near our flat. I was so happy to find tofu, dried mushrooms and different kinds of noodles as well. We bought a pack of tofu, and a kilo of noodles. On our way home I ask my husband to buy some veggies because I will be cooking chicken noodle soup. So, I guess this marks that we are officially sick.

I remember when I was kid, my Mom usually cooked noodles for me. She said it will help me get better. I don’t specifically know the reason behind, well aside from it will keep me warm.

It was my first time to cook Chicken Noodle Soup, or we Pinoys usually call it chicken mami. I am not even sure if I did the right thing. Thus it tasted very good though.



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Kg Noodles
  • 1/2 Kg Chicken Breast _ boiled & shredded
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 tbsp + 1/2 cup garlic minced
  • 2 medium carrots - thinly sliced
  • 2 cups of cabbage - chopped
  • 1 cup tofu cut into small cubes - fried
  • Sliced boiled eggs
  • 3 tablespoon celery
  • oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 3 cups of chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoon fish sauce

Procedure:
  1. Boil chicken with salt and water. Once cooked, shred and set aside. Keep the chicken broth.
  2. Deep fry the tofu and set aside.
  3. Saute the 1/2 cup garlic until golden brown. Set aside.
  4. Heat casserole and put oil.
  5. Saute garlic and onion.
  6. Put the shredded chicken. Add fish salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
  7. Pour the chicken broth and leave to boil.
  8. Add the carrots and leave it for 3 minutes.
  9. Put the noodles and celery. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
  10. Put the cabbage and simmer for another 3 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
  11. Add some more salt, pepper and water if it needs adjustment.
  12. Serve with garlic, tofu and eggs on top.
  13. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!