Ginataang Mais

Ginataang Mais is indeed a lovely weekend treat especially during rainy season. Even though it is not raining here in UAE my husband requested for ginataan for our mirienda. And because I was not in the mood cooking I insisted him to cook it. We originally plan to have Ginataang Munggo but since I don’t have mung beans in my cupboard we decide to have mais for ginataan.
What I personally love about this authentic Filipino dish is that it is very easy to cook and only few ingredients needed. And to rate my husband’s cooking result I would say 9 out-of 10. =D Not to brag about it but he really cooked it great, just enough according to my taste.





Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of coconut milk (4 cups)
  • 1 can whole corn kernel
  • 1/2 cup glutinous rice
  • 3/4 cup sugar

Procedure:
  1. Combine coconut milk and glutinous rice in a pot then turn on the heat. Let the coconut milk boil.
  2. Once the coconut milk is boiling, stir the mixture to prevent the glutinous rice from sticking.
  3. Set the fire to low and let the rice cook while stirring once in a while. This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Add the whole corn kernel and cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Put-in the sugar and stir thoroughly. Cook for 2 more minutes.
  6. Serve and enjoy!

4 comments:

Your comments are highly appreciated!