Birinhing Mais

Birinhing Mais or Ginisang Mais (Sauteed Corn) is one of my personal favorite, easy-to-cook recipe. I've tried to Google the recipe of this Birinhing Mais but I couldn't find anything in the web. So, like the usual, maybe this recipe was just originated in our kitchen during my childhood days.

I remember my grandmother cooking this dish, sometimes together with a similar dish of Ginulay na Mais (Filipino Native Corn Soup with Bitter melon leaves or Chilli leaves). So, we have two dishes of the same ingredients, one was dried version and the other was soup version. =D

Any how, since my husband and I were in a no rice diet for the past few days, I guess this dish is just great as an alternative for our dinner.




Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of Whole Corn Kernel
  • 1/2 Kg pork - cut into half inch
  • 2 tablespoon garlic - chopped
  • 1 medium onion - chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce

Procedure:
  1. Boil pork until tender. Let the water evaporate until completely dry. Lower the heat and let the pork release its natural oil. Fry pork with its own fats.
  2. Set aside the pork in the wok.
  3. Saute garlic and onion.
  4. Mix the sauteed garlic, onion and pork.
  5. Season with fish sauce.
  6. Put the corn. Let it cooked for 7-10 minutes.
  7. Serve and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy and easy to make! very original Filipino dish... good job!

    http://moochinginspirations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!