Simple Bulanglang / Dinengdeng

The easiest way for me to lose weight is thru vegetable soup diet. I've tried cabbage soup but I guess it is not for me. Especially with the kind of hectic lifestyle I have, cabbage soup can't keep my stamina going for the whole day. So, I've tried Pinoy's native style of cooking vegetable.

Some called it dinengdeng (Ilocano term) while some from Tagalog region called it bulanglang. Well, I don't see much difference with it since in general they are both boiled vegetables. It contains different kinds of vegetables, like squash, ampalaya (bitter melon), string beans, okra, tomatoes, eggplant, etc. Yes, you can include many different kinds of vegetables. It is always up to you =D

For this particular recipe I've cooked, I only made use of the vegetables that my husband and I usually eat. That is why I called it simple bulanglang/dinengdeng, because I only used few known vegies. So here's how it is =D





Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Squash Cubes
  • 1 Cup String Beans - cut for about 2 inches
  • 2 tablespoon onion - chopped
  • 1 big tomato - chopped
  • 1 tablespoon bagoong (guisado)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 2 1/2 cups water

Procedure:
  1. Heat water to boil.
  2. Put onion, tomato and squash. Let it boil until squash is almost cooked.
  3. Put string beans, bagoong and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Let it boil until the string beans are cooked.
  5. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!