Paksiw na Pata


I really missed eating lechon especially during special occasions in the Philippines. I remember when I was a kid; I used to eat holding my plate while standing in front of the table covered with banana leaves where the lechon was being chopped. It was like a whole lechon buffet table just for me. I was even collecting the juice of lechon dripping-off from the banana leaves and poured it over to my rice while enjoying the crispy pork skin, tasty meat and savoury sauce especially made by my Mom. A very BAD habit! A killer should I say. Ha ha ha.
Anyhow, the story of my lechon does not end there. It was even extended for two or three days more. How??? That is through the power of Paksiw recipe. Yes, it extended the life of roasted pork =D. What I personally love about lechon paksiw is that it creates flavourful new dish just by recycling left-over. Plus using the lechon sauce in the paksiw recipe can really burst-out a different and sumptuous dish that will surely be loved by anyone.
For this specific dish, I’ve boiled and oven roasted the sliced pork leg earlier so that it will have the lechon effect on my paksiw recipe. Plus I’ve added lechon sauce so it will somehow become the original paksiw recipe I’ve missed.

  

It doesn't look like the one I imagined since I don't have enough lechon sauce but it indeed tasted very good =D

Ingredients:
• 1.5 Kg Pork leg - sliced - boiled and oven roasted earlier
• 2 tablespoon garlic, crushed
• 2 tablespoon onion, sliced
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 tbsp vinegar
• 3 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 cup Mang Tomas Lechon Sauce (optional)
• 1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
• 1 pack dried banana blossoms - soaked in water
• 3 pieces dried bay leaves
• 2 pcs star anise (optional)
• Salt
• 3 cups water






Procedure:

1.       Put the oven-roasted pork leg in a casserole.
2.       Pour water.
3.       Add the onion, garlic, whole pepper corn, anise and dried bay leaves.
4.       Put-in the soy sauce and vinegar.
5.       Season with salt.
6.       Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes
7.       Remove the cover and continue boiling it for another 15-20 minutes.
8.       Add the brown sugar
9.       Put in the banana blossoms and simmer for 5 minutes
10.   Put the Mang Tomas Lechon Sauce. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
11.   Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining PEBA 2011 "Any Blogger, Anywhere"
    Please visit your Facebook Profile here
    Tell your FB friends to like your profile!
    Once Again Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tried cooking this last night for the first time-it was very good! my family liked it! thanks! will definitely do this again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. galing nman....ikaw n chef...he he he.... at dahil jn, ikaw n ang incharge mgluto nyan pg-uwi ntin s pinas =D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!