Tinolang Manok (New Version)

I have previously posted my version of tinola with atsuete which is actually optional for this specific recipe. Some of my readers actually found it weird. Well, I am not surprise because when I searched for tinola recipe online, I didn't found any recipe with atsuete at all. Atsuete isn't much for its flavoring, it works well for coloring the recipe which I personally find it look more tempting.
This new post is almost the same as my previous post, only that this version is a lot more simple and with my own video. Yes, I am trying to add more ways to easily teach you some of my recipes. I may not be able to video all my recipes but I will try my best to capture my cooking in action whenever I have enough time.




Ingredients:
  •  ½ kg Chicken – cut into pieces
  • 2 tablespoon garlic – chopped
  • 2 tablespoon onion – chopped
  • 2 tablespoon ginger – chopped
  • 1 pc chilli
  • 2 tablespoon fish sauce
  • ½ teaspoon fine salt
  • ½ teaspoon fine ground pepper
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 cups papaya cut into cubes
  • Oil

Procedure:
  1. Heat oil in a wok.
  2. Sauté ginger, garlic and onion.
  3. Put the chilli cut into 3.
  4. Put the chicken cuts.
  5. Add fish sauce. Cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Pour in the dissolved atsuete.
  7. Add water.
  8. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
  9. Put the papaya cubes. Cover and let the papaya be cooked.
  10. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. We are planning to cook this new version of tinolang manok. It is interesting to try in our kitchen. Thanks for the info. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am also from bulacan (san rafael) and our version of the tinola is also with achuete. unlike your new version we cut the papaya into thin slices and we use the leaves of pepper or chili, never the fruit which changes the flavor somewhat. i don't like any version with pepper or chili fruit. it becomes like sinigang.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!