Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins

In preparation of our long week-end, I’ve listed some recipes that I might be in the mood to challenge myself. One of the first I’ve tried was an easy yet something new for me.
Muffins are simply like cupcakes when you look at it, but as per my few online researches from bloggers posts, some wrote that a muffin becomes a cupcake when there is frosting on it. Some wrote that cupcakes are smaller than muffins. Well, maybe. But it still doesn’t strongly clarify its difference to me. =(


Some of the best answers I’ve read were:  Cupcakes have finer-crumbs, delicate and sweet treat, while muffins are more dense and likely to have savory flavors or "healthy" stuff added; Another was, cupcake is small cake, the size of an individual portion, baked in a cup-shaped mold, while muffins are a small, cup-shaped quick bread, often sweetened. (cakespy.com)


Well, I am not really into its difference since I love them both. Any how I am after on how will I enjoy it. I am just sharing a bit of confusion I had while studying this recipe.


I’ve watch several tutorial videos in making muffins and I was so surprised how simple it is, that’s why I had a comparison of it and a cupcake. For this specific recipe, I’ve made used of a strawberry jam since it’s available in my fridge. Although you can always use any jam you want. =D








Ingredients:
  • 1 and 3/4 cups Flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup butter- melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup strawberry jam


 Procedure:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C (400F)
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  3. In another bowl, lightly beat eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.
  4. Pour into the dry ingredients and the stir until moistened.
  5. Spoon half batter to the muffin pan (with muffin paper cups) and make a well in  the middle of it using a spoon.
  6. Add jam and spoon again batter on top.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly golden.
  8. Best serve with tea or coffee =D
  9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!