Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Sour Prawn Soup)

Indeed a comfort food for every Pinoy, especially during rainy days in the Philippines. Well, unless your allergy with it! I believe I don't need further intro with this. Here's a very easy recipe of Sinigang na Hipon.





Ingredients:
  • 1 Kilo Shrimp
  • 1/2 sachet of Tamarind (Sampaloc) Powder
  • 1 big Onion (diced)
  • 2 big tomatoes (sliced)
  • 1 bundle Kangkong (cut into 2" long)
  • 2 pieces long green pepper
  • 5 cups water
  • Salt or Patis to taste
Procedure:
  1. In a casserole, boil water, onions and tomatoes.
  2. Put the tamarind powder and mix.
  3. Lower fire, add in Shrimps. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked.
  4. Put Kangkong and green long pepper. simmer for 2 minutes.
  5. Season with salt or patis.
  6. Serve hot. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. good posting about Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Sour Prawn Soup)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sinigang na Hipon looks very delicious! I can even taste it while looking at the picture. Asim! Yummy!

    Please visit my food blog: https://thefoodieblogsabout.wordpress.com/
    I just made this last week and I would greatly appreciate if you share my page to your followers. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Rodel for visiting my blog. I will sure visit and share your blog as well. =)

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite soup. In a restaurant, i mostly order this soup. I feel refreshed by its scent and tastes. Thank you for the recipe. Sharing your talent is the key to success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eduardo! You're indeed right that this particular dish is very refreshing. There is a distinct taste that we all love :)

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated!