Salmon na Sinigang sa Miso

I haven't blogged in few months now and I really miss my online kitchen.

And to make sure my new recipe will be quite interesting for you guys, I've chose to post something which I made a twist to achieve a perfect blend.

Sinigang sa Miso is one of Pinoys' comfort food especially during rainy days. I have posted the same here in my blog but what will make this new post a little bit different is an ingredient that helped me achieved an almost true native miso from Philippines.

In my previous post I just made use of Sinigang sa Miso Powder, but I guess I was not so satisfied since I'm used to have a thick, sour and creamy soup in the Philippines. So, thanks to my land lady for giving me an idea to achieve that goal. She suggested me to use puréed garbanzo beans to mix in the soup to thicken and make it more yellow. So, without more intro, here's how I did it.





Ingredients:
  • 1/2 kg salmon fish
  • 1 tablespoon ginger - minced
  • 2 tablespoon garlic - chopped
  • 1 medium onion - chopped
  • 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
  • 1 chilli
  • lettuce
  • garbanzo beans (chickpea) boiled - 1 cup - puréed
  • 1 cup water
  • fish sauce / salt
  • Sinigang sa Sampalok mix - 1 tablespoon




Procedure:
  1. Saute ginger, garlic, onion and tomatoes.
  2. Put salmon, chilli, sinigang sa sampalok mix and fish sauce to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes.
  3. Add water and puréed garbanzo beans. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
  4. Put lettuce a minute before switching off the heat.
  5. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Your salmon sinigang sa miso looks really delicious. Will definitely try this out, my wife is a fan of salmon and I'm sure she'll love this. Thanks for sharing :) Cool blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog :)
      I've read your excellent blog and it makes me wanna try food tripping when I'm back in the Philippines :)

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated!