Pork Lengua with White Mushroom Sauce

Lengua is a Spanish word for tongue. It can be used as a great recipe, either pork or ox tongue, but you should definitely be patient in cooking this though. Some might consider this as an exotic dish but since we always have this dish on every occasions  in the Philippines, I get used to it and I could say that it is indeed special and very tasty.

Pork or Ox lengua in white or red mushroom sauce is one of my personal favorite. I don't know why I haven't cooked it before to feature here in my blog. Maybe, I just know that it is very special for me and I don't want to ruin my expectations.

Well, I guess I recently had enough courage to try this recipe and I must say that it was near to perfection. :)

I should have been a little bit more patient in boiling the tongue to achieve the right tenderness, otherwise it was very good.




Ingredients:
  • Pork Tongue - 1 kg
  • 3 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 cup whole mushroom
  • 2 tablespoon onion chopped
  • 3 tablespoon garlic minced
  • 1 cup (1 can or 1 sachet diluted in water) Mushroom Soup
  • 1 cup all-purpose cream
  • salt
  • pepper
  • water
  • oil



Procedure:
  1. Boil the whole tongue in water with salt for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Do not turn-off the heat. Remove the tongue from boiling water and scrape-off the white outer layer of the tongue. Once cleaned, put it back in the boiling water and let it tenderize for another 40 minutes.
  3. Turn off the heat and remove the tongue from the boiling water.
  4. Slice it for about 1/4 - 1/2 inch width.
  5. Marinate it for at least an hour (best overnight) with soy sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice. Keep in refrigerator.
  6. On a casserole with medium high heat, saute garlic and onion until lightly brown.
  7. Put the marinated sliced pork tongue on the casserole and saute for 5 minutes.
  8. Pour 2 cups of water, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
  9. Pour the mushroom soup and all-purpose cream.
  10. Put the whole mushroom.
  11. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. You can add more water depending on the thickness of the sauce that you want. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
  12. Serve and enjoy! =)

9 comments:

  1. hi! can I ask how many person can be serve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Marielle! Thanks for visiting my site :) 1 kg of this can serve 5-6 persons... Well, depending on how hungry they are of course ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi, just want to ask if i can use pork instead of ox tounge in.this recipe...
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my site. I used pork tongue in this particular recipe :) You may use either pork or ox tongue in this recipe. But if you use ox tongue, you may need to tenderize it a little longer. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi miss! =)) Can I ask how long I'll going to cook this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking time takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours not including the marinating time :)

      Delete
  4. hi mitchie. wha if i use calamansi instead of lemon? will be result be okay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, when you said tongue, ist only the tongue or I can only include the meat attached to it. Coz when I bought it it comes with the extension meat.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!