Lechon Kawali



Who wouldn't crave for this lovely dish. Crispy, tasty and definitely mouth watering. During my childhood days, we can only have this dish during fiestas and big celebrations, but now, luckily, I can have it whenever I want! Ooopppsss cholesterol alert.

Cooking lechon kawali seems really easy. Well, it is, but a little messy and will really require your alertness specially with oil splatter ;) 

Sometimes I use my turbo oven to crisp and turn to golden brown my lechon kawali but deep frying indeed gives a different intensity in the flavor. However, which ever you prefer will surely satisfy your craving.

In this recipe, I deep fried my lechon kawali and enjoyed a little extra cholesterol on it ;)

Ingredients:
  • 1 Kg Pork belly
  • 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon whole pepper corn
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 pieces dried bay leaves
  • 3 cups cooking oil
  • 3 cups Water
  • 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
  • 4 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar



Procedure:
  1. Put all the ingredients (except the cooking oil, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp ground black pepper) on a big pot and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
  2. Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down.
  3. Cut the pork into roughly 2x2 inches thick.
  4. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp ground black pepper on the meat.
  5. Heat cooking oil on a pot. The oil should be hot enough before putting the meat.
  6. Deep fry the pork until it is golden brown and the pork skin is crispy.
  7. Remove the meat from the pot and put it on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
  8. Serve and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, my name is Kate Johnson. I was able to hack my husband's phone remotely and gained access to all his texts and calls with the help of ghosthacker2351@gmail.com, he is reliable and if you require his services tell him I referred you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, my name is Kate Johnson. I was able to hack my husband's phone remotely and gained access to all his texts and calls with the help of ghosthacker2351@gmail.com, he is reliable and if you require his services tell him I referred you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!