Cheesy Teriyaki Meatballs



Meatballs are great on its own or on pasta, but for us Pinoys, rice will always be the best for such meaty dish. I recently craved for meatballs and wondering what would be the best sauce to match for my cravings. I could use tomato sauce, mushroom gravy - which is one of my favorites, or something I haven't tried before, like a Barbecue teriyaki sauce. Finally, I decided to go for something new for my taste buds.

Adding parmesan cheese was also something new for me but reading some good feedbacks and suggestions online, I decided to give it a try. Well, it was definitely worth the taste! It gives a huge burst of flavor compare from the usual boring meatballs.


Ingredients:

  • 1 kg ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped parsley
  • 1 medium minced onion
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg


Ingredients for the sauce:

  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 cup water


Procedure:
          For the Teriyaki sauce:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a casserole and simmer it in a low medium fire while stirring it until thick. Set aside

         For the Meatballs:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
  3. Roll golf ball sized balls with the meat mixture. 
  4. Put the meatballs in an oven-safe dish.
  5. Cover with foil.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Remove foil and pour in the Teriyaki sauce.
  8. Bake for another 30 minutes.
  9. Serve and enjoy!













1 comment:

Your comments are highly appreciated!