French Macaroon Challenge - - - Part II

I guess my battle with the French Macaroon challenge isn't over yet. I was not able to get over about my failed macaroons. So, the first thing I did this morning was to check if I still have some left-over ingredients for my French macaroon's recipe. Luckily, I still have enough to make few more pieces. Now, I did a strawberry flavoured macaroons with buttercream filling. And I am so happy to brag that I made it to almost 80% near to perfection.... My husband was so happy that he even brought some to his office colleagues for give-away.

Meringue Ingredients:
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 3/4 cup superfine almond flour
  • 2 large egg whites, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
  • 1 teaspoon red coloring liquid
For filling:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
  • 1 teaspoon red coloring liquid

Making the Strawberry filling:
  1. Mix soft butter, sugar, strawberry essence and coloring liquid.
  2. Use the mixer and beat it in high medium speed until the ingredients are well blended.
Making the Meringue:
  1. Sift confectioners’ sugar and almond flour together. Set aside.
  2. Whisk egg whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy.
  3. Reduce speed to low, then add superfine sugar, strawberry essence and coloring liquid.
  4. Increase speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form.
  5. Add almond flour mixture over whites, and fold until mixture is smooth and shiny
  6. Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip.
  7. Pipe 3/4-inch rounds 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
  8. Tap bottom of each sheet on work surface to release trapped air. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until a thin film-like forms on the rounds surface.
  9. Preheat oven to 150°C.
  10. Bake the macaroons for 10-15 minutes in 135°C.
  11. Remove from oven and let macaroons cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. If macaroons stick, spray water underneath parchment on hot sheet. The steam will help release macaroons.
  12. Sandwich 2 same-size macarons with 1 teaspoon of the strawberry filling.
Same procedure as my first try. Only that I made my whisked egg whites much better and I didn't rush my baking procedure.  


I let the piped batter stand for 30 minutes to have a nice dome-like form.

While the piped batter were on a stand-by, I preheated my oven.


My almost perfect French Macaroons! =D

As you can see, some of the macaroons didn't form its perfect foot. However I've seen much improvement than my first try. I've got a smooth surface though it is not so shiny. I got It's nice flavour and good texture... So, only the foot and some more procedure enhancement can result to a perfect French Macaroon... =D he he he... few more try I guess.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!