No-Cook Pastillas

I’ve been craving for pastillas yesterday and since it was too late to request a pack of it from a friend who’s coming here in Abu Dhabi from Philippines I just decided to improvise an easy version without cooking required. I don’t really remember if I’ve done it before during my high school days since the procedure is quite familiar

I’ve made used of 2 ½ cups of powdered milk against 1 can of condensed milk. My tip in doing it is to gradually mix in ½ cup milk at a time so you can thoroughly blend the ingredients. But base on my experience with this particular recipe, the best tip I can suggest is not to be lazy in making small cylinders and wrapping your pastillas! =D I guess you can see below what I mean. =D Thus, my pastillas indeed taste good – fair enough for a first time try =D


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups full-cream powdered milk, sifted
  • 1 can (395 grams) condensed milk
  • ½ cup granulated sugar, sifted

For wrapping:
  • wax paper / cellophane
Procedures:
  1. Pour the condensed milk in a mixing bowl.
  2. Gradually fold-in the powdered milk. It will be similar to a dough once all the powdered milk is completely added.
  3. Scoop some of the mixture and mold into cylinders.
  4. Roll each molded cylindrical mixture on granulated sugar.
  5. Wrap in wax paper or cellophane.
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!