French Toast

Call me silly, but frankly, this recipe that I’ve learned from my dad and I’ve been cooking for so many times have just cracked-down its term to me now. French toast – yes, it is… I’ve heard about French toast but I didn’t realize that it is exactly the same as what my dad has taught me to cook. Well, he just called this recipe “tinapay na prito sa itlog” (bread fried with egg). He he he… If only I knew it was called French Toast then I would have not called it with a longer term – “tinapay na prito sa itlog”. A tongue twister indeed…

Anyhow, I believe there are many other terms of this recipe from different languages…. “Egg-slices” in Greece, “Torrijas” in Spain, “Fatias douradas, rabanadas or fatias de parida” in Portugal, yumurtalı ekmek" literally eggy-bread in Turkey and many other terms from different countries.
This recipe could be teamed-up with jam, butter, syrup or whatever you want but I love it with just a sprinkle of sugar. Maybe because I’m used to it since we really don’t have stock of jam or syrup at home when I was a kid.
So here is a very simple recipe for a great breakfast!


Ingredients:
  • Slices of bread
  • 3 pieces eggs
  • 2 tablespoon milk
  • butter
  • Sugar

Procedures:
  1. Beat eggs and milk.
  2. Dip bread slices in beaten eggs and milk mixture. Set aside.
  3. Heat pan in a low medium fire.
  4. Grease it with butter.
  5. Fry the slices of bread until both sides are browned and the eggs has cooked through.
  6. Sprinkle with with sugar.
  7. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. we sometimes put peanut butter on the bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom love it also with peanut butter... but my dad and I just love it plainly with sugar...=D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pwede ba sya eoven na parang sa biscocho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks athan for visiting my blog. pwede naman po sya ioven but mas madali if pan toast :)

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated!