Cinnamon Rolls

One of my favorite sweets is cinnamon roll specifically from Cinnabon. Well, who doesn't crave for it?! I know it is a bit too much to dream of baking it by myself. I've been so eager in researching for its recipe, but I haven't had enough courage to bake it. Until now =D

I guess I was just so sick and depressed on a Sunday morning that I converted my emotions into baking. Well, it turned-out very well though.




Ingredients:
Dough
  • 3/4 cup warm milk
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 3-4 cups self raising flour
Filling
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Frosting
  • 1/2 cup Nestle Cream
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Procedure:
  1. In a small bowl combine milk and yeast. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
  2. In a seperate bowl mix oil, egg and vanilla. Add it to the yeast mixture. Blend.
  3. On a large bowl mix flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture.
  4. Knead dough until smooth. Do not overflour the dough. It should be very soft but not sticky.
  5. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled. (in my case, I've let it rise overnight)
  6. Roll out the dough on a floured board. Around 10"x20".
  7. In bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
  8. Put the sugar mixture evenly on top of the dough.
  9. Roll up the dough.
  10. Using a sharp knife cut off the uneven ends to even out the log.
  11. Cut the roll into 12 rolls.
  12. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet or foil container - 1 inch apart. Cover and let rise until double again.
  13. Bake at 180 deg.C (350 deg.F) for 15-20 minutes or until it turns slightly golden (don’t overbake).
  14. Frost warm rolls with Nestle Cream frosting (combine Nestle cream and powdered sugar. You may add milk for desired consistency).
  15. Serve and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love cinnamon rolls. Will try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love cinnamon scent and taste! and this is one of my favorite, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is also one of my personal favorites =) and i've never thought that is very easy to make.

      Delete
  3. Loved making these Cinnamon rolls, have made them regularly n my kids love to eat these for breakfast, dessert, and snack time! They’re as good as the original ones we buy, thnx a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated!