Eggs Benedict - - - Pinoy Tsibog Version

"What's so special with Eggs Benedict?" That's the first question I've asked my husband when we were watching a movie, whereas the leading man is cooking an eggs benedict for his special someone. Well, I guess I wouldn't know unless I'll try to taste one. =D

I've watched some youtube videos on how to cook it. I thought it will be as easy as it seems which I prove myself wrong. Well, it is quite simple yet it would take some techniques to really do it right. So, this morning I've challenged myself for this new cooking task.

Eggs Benedict is commonly served with English muffins topped with ham, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Well, I don't have English muffins and ham, so I just made my own version with the main ingredients of poached egg and hollandaise sauce. =D

Here's Pinoy Tsibog version of Eggs Benedict.




Ingredients (1 serving):
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 1/2 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoon vinegar
  • salt

  • Cheese
  • 1 Enseymada

Hollandaise Sauce:
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 tablespoon fresh milk


Procedure:
  1. Bring water to boil.
  2. Put salt and vinegar then lower the heat to medium.
  3. Crack the egg on an small bowl and slowly transfer the egg on to the boiling water. The egg whites will automatically go in the middle and it will cover the yolk. (The most challenging part in poaching an egg is to properly shape the egg whites around the yolk and that is where the vinegar works well.)
  4. Let the egg cook for 2 minutes or until the egg whites completely cover the yolk.
  5. Drain it and put on top of enseymada.

Hollandaise Sauce Procedure:
  1. Beat egg yolk and milk in a stainless bowl.
  2. Put lemon juice while beating.
  3. Put the bowl on a low heat while still beating. Continue doing this for 2 minutes or until the yolk mixture slightly thickens.
  4. Remove from heat and add melted butter while still beating.
  5. Pour it on top of the poach egg and enseymada.
  6. Garnish with cheese.
  7. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated!